Campus Campaign Feedback – All Hands London
After attending some sessions on campus campaign i collected feedback about it. Feedback on what did not went well and ho we can improve it. Also how can we imporve it for the next phase.
What went wrong:
- FAQ not published.
- College exams and vacation collision.
- Expectation from university – Job, Intern.
- We were not able to localize the theme so people were confused.
- Some limitation this time – timing, period, content.
- Confusion on what to use.
- In country with slow internet we cannot directly jump to Privacy and security.
How can we improve it:
- More videos for campaign.
- Simplify the basics of Internet based on region.
- Duration of campaign need to localized based on the region.
- Not only university but also school, start-ups and organizations.
- Engaging non- IT students.
- Give more flexibility – Period, target audience etc.
- Take feedback from local coach.
- Campaign Period can be longer.
- Focus on 1st year students.
- System will be different with different country.
- Program can look different but with same goal.
- Cultural illusions can help.
- It’s about community building to create public force to support Mozilla Mission.
- Building community that can impact the mission.
- Direction should have some choice.
- Clear instruction or give some choice to people.
- Differentiate between students who are totally new and who are expert.
- Create Interest in MLN.
- Mozilla On campus – FSA, campus campaign, Mozilla Clubs.
- Make a cohesive structure to fill up the holes.
- Review how to get things together.
- We are not talking about marketing.
- Balance between velocity, variety and others.
- It’s important to localize, but it will be great if we can say that we all did the same thing.
- Should be open to differentiating.
- Continue with existing program to enhance and make it productive.
- Explain to contributors why these activities were important.
- FAQ on privacy and security.
- Own backup of important things like MLN.
- Use existing information about privacy and security in Mozilla by MLN.
Special Team and Coach related feedback:
- Be in touch everyday.
- A team need a minimum FSA.
- Coaches need to be friendly.
- Meet them if possible.
- Local coach should be member of team not only leader.
- Follow up with teams.
These points are collected from various participants who were part of campus campaign and present during the meeting in all hands – london.
Kindly provide your feedback so that i can add more points to this blog!